Chilis Margarita Grilled Chicken: A Flavorful Guiltless Grill
What does amarillo grilled chicken from chilis taste like? Chilis has created a delicious grilled Margarita Chicken that has the perfect combination of tequila flavors cooked into the chicken with subtle hints of sweetness and a hint of jalapeno spice. In a Guiltless Grill Margarita Grilled Chicken, protein accounts for 35% of the calories, while carbohydrates account for 47%.
How Do I Store Leftover Margarita Chicken
Refrigerate chilis margarita grilled chicken leftovers in an airtight storage container for up to 5 days. Be sure to keep your leftover chicken covered and cold to prevent spoiling. I like to date my leftover containers on a piece of tape or with a post it note, so I can make sure we use the leftovers before they go bad.
Is This Chicken Recipe Healthy
This quick and easy chicken recipe is not only flavorful, but its an excellent source of protein. The chicken provides about 36 grams of protein per serving and the rice and beans add another 15 grams of protein for a total of 51 grams of protein in just one meal! Thats over half way to your daily needs.
You May Like: How To Cook Wings On The Grill
How To Make Chilis Presidente Margarita
Tips for Making and Serving Chilis Presidente Margarita
- Use a Margarita glass. Sure, you can use any type of glass you want to serve this cocktail, but this premium drink deserves a proper Margarita glass.
- Rim the glass with salt. Sometimes salt on the rim is overkill, but not for this recipe.
- Make your own Margarita salt.
How Long Do You Grill Chicken
Chicken usually takes about 18-20 minutes to cook on the grill. This will depend on how thick your chicken is. If you pound your chicken thin or are using chicken cutlets it will cook much quicker. The best way to tell when chicken is done is by using a meat thermometer. You want to insert the probe into the thickest part of the meat and have it reach 165 degrees F. This is when chicken is safe to eat.
Chilis serves their margarita chicken with a side of rice and beans. Which is exactly what you can do at home!
Don’t Miss: Internal Temp For Grilling Chicken
How Do I Reheat Margarita Chicken
To reheat frozen Margarita Chicken, thaw the chicken in the refrigerator overnight. Heat a saucepan over medium heat, add 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil and then cook each slice of chicken until heated through or about 3 minutes per side.
To prevent your chicken from drying out while reheating, you can reheat with the lid on. Then remove the lid for the last minute of reheating. You can also use your microwave if you prefer.
Precautions Of Margarita Grilled Chicken Chilis
1. If you have diabetes, dont use much salt because too much salt can cause blood pressure to rise.
2. If you are a pregnant lady, dont use much cream because it may affect your childs growth.
3. Margarita Grilled Chicken Chilis is not good for small kids below 5 years old they should avoid it as this dish has a high salt and chilly powder content.
Don’t Miss: 10 Best Grilled Salmon Recipes
Whats In Chilis Margarita Grilled Chicken
The ingredients for this easy copycat recipe are super simple all you need is:
- Chicken breast tenders
- Tequila I did not use this as Im not much of a drinker
This dish is also topped with fresh pico de gallo which is like a chunky version of salsa. Heres what you need to make that:
Health Benefits Of Margarita Grilled Chicken Chilis
1. This dish is full of proteins and good for those who want to gain muscles and bulk up their body because it contains a lot of protein and good fats.
2. Its a low-carb food, so it doesnt increase blood sugar levels very fast, and thus it controls diabetes too.
3. It also naturally controls weight.
4. The capsicum juice or the green chilies in this dish helps in curing stomach pain, gas trouble, and heartburn.
5. It also maintains healthy eyes with lots of vitamins A content present in it. So you can serve it for your kids to make them healthy and strong.
6. It has lots of vitamin E, so it cures the problems related to the heart by reducing cholesterol levels and blood pressure.
7. The cream also contains fat, but this fat is good fat with vitamin D, which helps in absorbing calcium and thus builds stronger bones and teeth.
8. Ginger garlic paste helps in relieving inflammation problems like arthritis, stomach ache, and headache.
9. It also improves hair quality by providing lots of vitamin B, making your hair more shiny and silky soft.
Read Also: Grilled Chicken Recipes On Stove
How Many Calories Are In Chilis Margarita Grilled Chicken
There are approximately 1,600 calories in Chilis Margarita Grilled Chicken. This dish is made with chicken that is marinated in a tequila-lime sauce and then grilled. It is served with a side of rice and beans.
One serving of Chilis Monterey Chicken contains 860 calories and 50 grams of carbohydrates. This consists of two134 kJ of energy, which is equal to 410 calories. This dish contains 115 mg of cholesterol and 0 grams of trans fat. Furthermore, it contains 1570 mg of sodium, which is equivalent to 20% of the daily value for sodium.
Chili’s Margarita Grilled Chicken Copycat Recipe
This recipe for Chili’s Margarita Grilled Chicken Copycat, by , is from Eating with the Grants: a So Cal experience, one of the cookbooks created at FamilyCookbookProject.com. We’ll help you start your own personal cookbook! It’s easy and fun.
|1 tbsp taco seasoning1/2 tsp salt1 cup salsa 1/2 cup Corn1 cup shredded cheddar cheese1 plum tomato, diced1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro1 avocado, sliced
Preheat oven to 400 F. Rub chicken breasts with olive oil, taco seasoning and salt. Bake in the oven 15 minutes.Remove chicken from oven, then top with salsa, corn, black beans and cheese. Bake another 10 minutes until cheese is melted.Remove chicken from oven and top with diced tomatoes and cilantro. Add sliced avocado and lime on the side. I served frozen potato wedges with my chicken as a side dish but that’s optional you could also do sweet potato fries, a side salad, sauteed spinach or more. The choice is up to you!
Read Also: Pellet Grill With Sear Box
Did You Make This Recipe
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a picture on social media!
I created a fun group on , and I would love for you to join us! Its a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see whats new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts ! If youd like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
How Much Sodium Is In Chilis Margarita Chicken
There is no definitive answer to this question as the sodium content of Chilis margarita chicken can vary depending on how the dish is prepared. However, as a general guideline, it is safe to assume that the sodium content of this dish is relatively high. This is due to the fact that the chicken is usually marinated in a salty margarita mixture, and it is also often served with salty sides such as tortilla chips. Therefore, if you are concerned about your sodium intake, it is best to avoid this dish.
Add some Mexican flavor to your next meal? From Guiltless Grill, Chilis has a solution for you. Mango Chile chicken is low in sodium thanks to its fresh ingredients and nutritious diet. Furthermore, it is high in dietary fiber and carbohydrates, making it a tasty and healthy option.
You May Like: Cocobolos Mexican Grill And Cantina
Keto & Health Insights For Chili’s Lighter Choice Margarita Grilled Chicken
- Net Carbs are 4% of calories per serving, at 8g per serving. This meal falls within the range for standard keto diet guidelines . If your daily net carb quota is 25g and if this food almost equals that much, consider whether you’re going to eat more food later. Always take into account any foods you’ve already consumed. It’s recommended that you track the macros of your daily food consumptionsthis makes it easier to avoid overconsumption.
- This food’s %DV for sodium is 39%. At 890mg, it’s considered high in sodium according to the FDA’s standard for %DV , which considers any food with %DV of more than 20% as high in sodium. The organization recommends 2300mg of sodium as the daily limit. High sodium is believed to be associated with health problems such as heart disease, strokes, high blood pressure, and kidney malfunctions. There’s also a belief that diets with high amounts of salt correlates with obesity, but the link hasn’t proven to be so direct. Instead, salt may trigger overeating by increasing the feeling of hunger, according to studies referenced in this WebMD article about salt & obesity. Add-ons such as sauces and condiments are the usual high-sodium culprits in most restaurant meals. Sodium additives are responsible for most high sodium amounts in packaged foods, especially frozen meals. For most adults, a healthy range for daily maximum sodium consumption is between 1500-2300mg foods should be within 5%-20% DV per serving.
Ingredients For Margarita Grilled Chicken
The ingredient list is pretty short and simple. Heres what you will need:
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts: I used 4 with this recipe but feel free to double for a big family or to have leftovers. Pound the chicken so that its thin and even in thickness.
- : Yep, the stuff you get in the mixers aisle. This provides lots of delicious lime flavor.
- Tequila: Its not a marg without tequila. The tequila gives the marinade a nice depth of flavor and helps balance out the sweetness.
- Orange juice: I like the sweetness that a little bit of orange juice adds to the marinade.
- Spices: Youll need garlic powder, onion powder, kosher salt and black pepper. They add additional flavor and also help keep things from getting to sweet.
You May Like: Marinade For Chicken Breast On The Grill
Does Margarita Grilled Chicken At Chilis Have Alcohol
Although the recipe calls for no alcohol, it does include a recipe for marinating the chicken using margarita mix. If youre using a store-bought margarita mix, use orange flavoring instead of the premade mix in the ingredient list.
The combination of high-calorie and high-carbohydrate ingredients in Chilis Margarita Grilled Chicken is a tasty addition to a meal. This grilled chicken dish contains a total of 68 grams of carbohydrates, 61 grams of net carbs, twelve grams of fat, and fifty-three grams of protein. A single serving of Chilis grilled chicken contains 600 calories. A high-calorie meal, in addition to weight gain and health issues, may result in weight gain. If youre looking for a high-carbohydrate, low-calorie casual meal, try the Grilled Margarita Chicken from Chilis.
Chilis Margarita Grilled Chicken
Instructions. Pour margarita mix over chicken breasts and marinate for 2 hours in refrigerator. Drain and dust chicken breasts with black pepper. Grill chicken on a barbecue grill or on a skillet.
Encircle the rice with a portion of the black beans. Spread a thin layer of garlic aioli onto a tostada shell and place it on the rice. Sprinkle about 1/3 cup of lettuce onto the shell next. Place a tuna fillet on top of the lettuce. Drizzle the Santa Fe dressing over the entire dish with a sweeping motion.
What is Margarita grilled chicken from chilis? Margarita Grilled Chicken is a dish from the chain restaurant Chilis its basically a marinated grilled chicken breast loaded with Tex Mex toppings. At the restaurant, its served with Mexican style rice and refried beans. My version of this recipe is technically not grilled chicken.
Chicken chili nachos heat oven to 400° f. Use four large boneless and skinless chicken breasts. Pin On Tastes Like Chicken . It reminds me of the chilis version of margarita chicken. Margarita chicken recipe chilis. Make copycat chilis chicken crispers at home copykat com. Grilled chicken is easy, quick and healthy food.
Read Also: Avocado Grill Palm Beach Gardens
How Else Can I Cook The Chicken
Depending on the weather, you may not want to go out in the cold, snow or rain to grill. You can definitely cook the chicken pretty much anyway you like. Just follow the instructions for the marinade, and then bake at 350º F for about 25 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Or you can cook it in a skillet on the stovetop or if you have an Air Fryer, follow the cooking instructions in this Air Fryer Chicken Breast recipe. Lots of options if you wont want to fire up the grill.
Copycat recipes are a great way to get dinner on the table at home for a reasonable price that you know you are going to love. You save money, more than likely calories and time making some of your favorites at home. Plus you get to have them more often which is always a win!
Amount Per Serving
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Why This Is The Best Copycat Chilis Margarita Grilled Chicken Recipe
Few recipes deliver this much flavor with such little prep work. When you make this seriously delicious four-ingredient meal, your family will think you spent all day cooking. The flexibility and simplicity make this version of the recipe the best.
You can find recipes for this dish online with garlic, cumin, taco spices, orange juice, and even cheddar cheese, but who wants to deal with all that? The truth is you dont need to when you use a good quality margarita mix and allow enough marinating time.
Recommended Reading: Pork Tenderloin Recipes On The Grill
How To Store Freeze And Reheat Chilis Margarita Chicken
While Chilis Margarita Chicken is easy to make, it does need time to marinate. Plan ahead by precooking the chicken and keeping it in the fridge for up to three days. For any longer than three days, try freezing.
Whisk Together The Spices For Marinade
Take a large bowl and add orange juice, tequila, margarita mix, honey, onion powder, kosher salt, and black pepper. Mix them to form the marinade for the chicken. Dip the chicken in the marinade or pour the marinade in a plastic bag containing chicken. Marinate the chicken overnight or for at least 4 hours.
Recommended Reading: Grilled Cheese Gallery St Augustine
What Is Pico De Gallo
Pico is pretty much like a fresh chunky salsa. It is a mix of chopped tomatoes, jalapeno, onion, cilantro and lime juice. Super fresh and great with the chicken. But if you want to take a shortcut, your favorite salsa is a very tasty alternative.
Copycat recipes are great to make at home because you can make small changes to make them exactly what you enjoy! If you likes this spicy, you can add more jalapeno to your dish. Plus you know what is going into it, and arent surprised by hidden calories or fat that are in restaurant dishes.
What To Serve With Margarita Chicken
I added some sliced avocado and potato wedges to this Margarita Grilled Chicken recipe, but it’s really up to you to decide what kinds of sides you want to serve.
Learn how to meal prep the better, faster way!
Take my free challenge and learn how to prep for 5 dinners in just 1 hour each week
If you’re up for it, a small side salad would also be enough because you’ve got some veggies and cheese on top of the chicken to begin with so I find that this recipe is super filling even without a ton of sides. If you’re not very hungry, you may be able to just have breast with no sides for lunch and find it enough!
Make sure that you use fresh salsa if possible. The jarred kind works great as well and you likely already have it on hand at home, but I love using the Garden Fresh Gourmet salsas for many recipes that call for salsa. It’s better than the jarred stuff and tastes closer to homemade.