Strip Steak Tacos Recipe How To Cook New York Strip Steak Tacos
Strip steak makes an excellent meat for fajitas. These fajitas are easy to prepare and require little clean-up. The steak is already seasoned, so you dont need to marinate it before cooking. You can even freeze it for 30 minutes before you start cooking it.
If you plan on frying or baking the steak in tortillas, you should first marinate the steak before you begin cooking it. The marinating process will make it tender. Also, top sirloin steak is more tender than bottom sirloin. You can also purchase beef tenderloin, but it is more expensive than the other cuts.
First, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and peppers. Cook until they are soft but not browned. Once they are soft, add the steak and stir-fry until it is no longer raw. Remember that the steak doesnt need to be cooked all the way it will finish cooking when you add the vegetables.
Strip steak is a great option for fajitas because it has a great flavor and is easy to cook. Whether you want to use it in a taco or as part of a fajita, strip steak is easy to prepare. You can grill it to your liking and then serve it with grilled vegetables. You can even add your favorite toppings to it.
Once the steak has been marinated, you can cook it on a hot grill or cast iron skillet. For medium-rare steak, you should cook it for about four minutes per side. If you dont have a large enough skillet, you can cut the meat into thin strips.
Easy Homemade Salisbury Steak Recipe
This Homemade Salisbury Steak Recipe is a throwback to the 50s TV dinner, but a million times better and still so easy. On the table in 30 minutes for a great family friendly dinner option!
My freezer is never without chicken breasts, thighs, and ground beef. Such staples for each weeknight dinners, including one of our favorite comfort meals Salisbury Steak.
Most people know Salisbury Steak from the popular 50s TV dinner, but you can easily make it at home and a million times better, of course!
How To Make The Brown Gravy:
Don’t wash that skillet just yet! Use it to prepare the brown gravy according to package directions.
Add an extra cup or two of water, so the sauce does not get too thick. Now add the Worcestershire sauce to the gravy, mixing well.
Once the gravy reaches the thick consistency we desire, place all of the steaks back into the skillet. Finally, let it simmer on low heat for about 20 minutes before plating.
Don’t Miss: Charleys Philly Steaks Philly Cheesesteak
How To Make This Hamburger Steak Recipe
You can put this recipe together up to eight hours in advance, so its a great option when you know youll have a busy evening.
STEP ONE: In a large bowl mix together the ground beef, soy sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, salt, bread crumbs, and egg. Mix only until combined, dont over mix. Shape ground beef mixture into four equal patties.
I make the patties on the big side as they will shrink down while cooking.
STEP TWO: In a large skillet over medium-high heat melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the ground beef patties and cook about 4 minutes on each side until browned . Remove the meat patties from the skillet and place them on a plate.
STEP THREE: Using the same skillet, reduce to medium heat and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Add in the sliced onions and mushrooms and cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until softened and browned.
STEP FOUR: Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
STEP FIVE: Sprinkle flour over the mushrooms, onions, and garlic and stir while cooking for one minute.
STEP SIX: Add the beef broth and Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper to taste and cook for about 5 to 6 minutes stirring frequently.
STEP SEVEN: Add the hamburger steaks back into the skillet along with any juices on the plate and cover them with the gravy. Cover with a lid and reduce heat to a simmer and cook for another 10 minutes. Remove lid and cook another 10 to 15 minutes letting the sauce thicken.
How To Make A Quick And Easy Hamburger Steak Recipe
A classic Southern meal, hamburger steaks are quick, easy, and delicious. A seasoned burger steak is tossed with chopped onions, garlic, and simple seasonings. This meaty comfort food only needs an egg binder and bread crumbs to make it a savory and flavorful treat. In fact, many people consider hamburger steaks to be the perfect comfort food. Here are some tips for making hamburger steaks. You can also try one of my favorite hamburger steak recipes.
First, prepare your ingredients. For a delicious hamburger steak, combine ground beef patties with onions, garlic, peppers, and onion. Season the meat well with salt and pepper. In a frying pan, cook the steaks until browned on both sides. Once browned, add the remaining ingredients, such as the gravy, and whisk until smooth. The hamburger steaks should cook for two to three minutes before serving. You can also add parsley before serving.
Once cooked, hamburger steaks can be refrigerated for three to four days, or frozen for up to two months. They are extremely easy to prepare and are packed with flavor. To make hamburger steaks with less fat, you can use gluten-free flour for the sauce. Alternatively, you can use ground pork or substitute it with lean ground beef. To serve them as a quick and easy meal, you can either reheat them in the oven or reheat them in a skillet.
You May Like: Lennys Grill And Subs Menu
Ingredients For Easy Salisbury Steak With Gravy
- Ground Beef We prefer a lean ground beef for this recipe. Itll help your patties hold together much better! If you have any dietary concerns, mixing or substituting the beef with ground turkey is fine.
- Bread Crumbs We usually use crumbs but weve seen all sorts of substitutes here! Experiment with rice, stovetop stuffing mix, crackers, or even oats.
- Mustard Dijon is an interesting substitute to try here.
- Worcestershire Sauce
Cracker Barrel Hamburger Steak Recipe
- Buffalo, and some more.
The traditional burger steak is a fusion of steak and burger patty, using the best of each dish. The breadcrumbs and eggs help to add fluffy creaminess, but just a smaller amount, not as much as in a hamburger patty.
Burger steak is still very much plain ground meat, deeply flavored with seasoning.
Lean meats are best to use, such as buffalo or high-quality beef like Angus. Both of them have a unique taste and a moist texture. The overall experience will be entirely different with quality ground meat.
Gravy is also a staple for this meal, so dont skip it! To keep calories under control, use a cooking spray instead of butter.
Read Also: Louisiana Grills Champion Pellet Grill
How To Make Salisbury Steak
Now that weve browned our patties, we can turn the heat down to low and start on our gravy. If youre following along with our gravy recipe, start by mixing your gravy mix up with some hot water, whisking well to combine. Add in the ketchup and Worcestershire and whisk those in as well.
With our gravy all mixed up, we can finally add it to our patties. Pour your gravy over all the patties in the skillet. Be generous!
All thats left from here is to let the gravy thicken and warm up in the skillet with our patties! Just let everything sit in the skillet over low heat until the gravy has thickened to your preference. Optionally garnish your finished steak patties with a bit of parsley, plate up, and enjoy!
How To Make Cracker Barrel Hamburger Steak
To make Cracker Barrel Hamburger Steak:
Don’t Miss: Best Cheese For Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Fry The Hamburger Steaks
Heat up a large frying pan to a medium-high, and add the frying oil to the pan. When the oil is shimmering, add the hamburger steaks. Cook the hamburger steaks for roughly 3 minutes on each side, or until both sides are nicely colored, then remove them from the pan. They will soon be returned to the pan for further cooking, so they do not need to be cooked through at this point.
How To Make It From Scratch
This easy Salisbury steak recipe is made with simple ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
Blend together the beef, bread crumbs, tomato paste, worcestershire sauce, ground mustard, onion powder, pepper and salt until well combined.
Divide the beef mixture into four equal size portions and form into patties about 1/2 inch thick.
Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large cast iron or heavy bottomed skillet.
Add the patties to the pan and cook until browned. Turn the patties over and cook for 3-4 minutes longer or until browned. Transfer to a platter and keep warm.
Add the onions to the pan and cook until translucent. Add the mushrooms and cook until softened. Stir in the thyme, garlic powder and flour. Add the beef stock scraping the bottom of the pan to loosen the brown bits.
Stir in the worcestershire sauce and bring the mixture to a boil. When the gravy begins to thicken, turn the heat down and stir in the butter. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Return the beef patties to the pan and cook for 5-7 minutes or until they are no longer pink in the middle.
Sprinkle with parsley or chives, if desired. Serve immediately
Read Also: Republic Of Texas Bar And Grill
Other Modifications & Variations
- You can top your steaks with all sorts of veggies. Caramelize some onions with your patties or saute some mushrooms to go with them!
- There are plenty of other additives you can add to the gravy as well! Try substituting one of your gravy packets out for your favorite soup mixes- maybe use our Copycat Lipton Onion Soup Mix Recipe?
Weve also made a video for this recipe, which weve pasted just below! Check it out!
- Whisk together gravy mix and water until well blended.
- Whisk in ketchup and Worcestershire and pour over patties in skillet.
- Allow to simmer until gravy warms and thickens.
Ingredients For Salisbury Steak With Cream Of Mushroom Soup
This is just a quick overview of the ingredients that youll need for our favorite hamburger steak recipe. As always, specific measurements and step-by-step cooking instructions are included in the printable recipe box at the bottom of the post.
- Ground beef: I typically use 85% lean ground beef.
- Saltine cracker crumbs: a flavorful binder that keeps the hamburger steak moist. You can use other bread crumbs or cracker crumbs if you prefer.
- Worcestershire sauce: for savory, salty, umami flavor that pairs nicely with the beef.
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper: to enhance the other flavors in the dish.
- Onion powder: for more savory flavor in the patties.
- Butter and oil: for pan-frying the hamburger steaks. By using these two different types of fat, you get the higher smoke point of the oil, paired with the rich flavor of the butter.
- Mushrooms: use fresh, sliced white button mushrooms, cremini mushrooms, or baby bella mushrooms for the gravy.
- Garlic: for extra flavor in the gravy.
- Cream of mushroom soup: a can of Campbells condensed cream of mushroom soup is a great shortcut base for the creamy gravy .
- Milk: to thin the savory gravy.
- Parsley: for a bright, fresh, green finishing touch.
Read Also: Best Burgers On Grill Recipe
Can I Replace Some Ingredient
Fortunately, this Southern meal is often made in a variety of ways. Good news for finicky people! After making this recipe a few times, you might want to try other varieties of this traditional meal, so let us give you some ideas.
Blend some fresh mushrooms, onions, and garlic in a food processor and mix them with the other ingredients in the recipe. After letting them rest for an hour in the fridge, slightly squeeze any extra moisture from the patty mix due to the added fresh veggies. Proceed to sear them up in hot butter.
Forget Worcestershire sauce instead, use some soy sauce and half the salt in the recipe. Smoked paprika adds depth of flavor and deeper color to the hamburger steak.
Instead of butter, sauté them in red wine for a more robust flavor that pairs well with beef or buffalo. In this scenario, add a few tablespoons of melted butter to the batter.
Can I Freeze The Salisbury Steaks
Yep! You can freeze uncooked steaks or cooked steaks along with the gravy, as follows:
- To Freeze Uncooked Steaks place the steaks on a lined baking sheet in a single layer, then flash freeze for about 2 hours until solid. Transfer them to freezer-safe bags or containers for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and proceed with the recipe as written.
- To Freeze Cooked Steaks allow to cool completely, then freeze steaks in the gravy in freezer-safe containers for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator, then reheat in a pan or in the oven until warmed all the way through.
You May Like: Steak House In Rancho Cucamonga
Tips For The Best Hamburger Steak Recipe
- I recommend 85% lean ground beef, because it keeps the hamburger steak juicy without making the sauce too greasy. Any leaner ground beef may result in dry patties.
- Give the patties plenty of time to chill in the refrigerator . This will help them set up so that theyre easier to fry without falling apart.
- Use your hands or a fork to gently combine the meat mixture. Be careful not to over-mix the meat, or it will become dense and mushy.
How To Reheat Smothered Hamburger Patties
Keep the hamburger steaks moist by warming them on the stovetop:
Recommended Reading: Salmon In Foil On The Grill
Hamburger Steak With Homemade Onion Gravy
When I was a toddler, my mother and I were in a car accident that left her in a wheelchair and me in a full-body cast. While there are many rough days involved in healing for both of us, one thing is for sure. I had a lot of hamburger steaks during that time. You see, one meal my dad was very good at making happened to be a hamburger steak. He served it with baked potatoes , and my favorite, green beans.
This meal, as it was easy for him and loved by all of us, became a go-to in my life, and to this day, is one of the things I crave when I miss my family. Being so far apart from them now makes it tough, but I can go to the kitchen and whip up this dish and serve up a meal that is delicious, easy and reminds me of my Daddy all at the same time.
Why You’ll Love It
- This Cracker Barrel Hamburger Steak Recipe is an easy meal that’s perfect for busy weeknights.
- The best part? It’s a perfect dupe for the popular Cracker Barrel Old Country Store dish, so you can enjoy all the flavor without leaving home!
- Tender beef patties are slow simmered in a rich, brown gravy. It’s pure comfort food!
I love copycat Cracker Barrel recipes. They fit right in with my idea of a hearty, old fashioned dinner. There aren’t any fancy-pants ingredients, complex techniques, or long preparation times.
And that’s a win in my book!
I like these hamburger steaks with a side of red skin mashed potatoes.
You May Like: Corn On Cob On Grill In Foil
Brown Gravy Smothered Hamburger Steaks
Brown Gravy Smothered Hamburger Steaks are made with ground beef, seasoned to perfection, and nestled in a delicious and rich brown gravy. It’s the perfect comfort meal for any day of the week.
Preparing Brown Gravy Smothered Hamburger Steaks does not get any easier than this! Trust me when I say, theres a reason why this recipe has been in my family for generations.
If you follow these easy steps, you’ll have juicy hamburger steaks swimming in savory gravy before you know it!