Can I Freeze Chicken In This Marinade
Yes! It works perfectly to freeze chicken in this marinade. Here are the steps.
Package. Place chicken into freezer-safe container and pour over the marinade. Make sure that all of the chicken is well coated. Remove as much air as possible as you seal the container. Label the container with the contents and date.
Freeze. Arrange in the freezer so that the container is as flat as possible. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Thaw. Remove from the freezer and thaw in the refrigerator overnight. After its thawed, then remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the marinade. Finally, cook the chicken according to your favorite chicken recipe.
How Long Do You Marinate Chicken For
Once the marinade is combined, place the chicken in the marinade for at least 1 hour. If you plan to marinate for longer than 2 hours, wait to add the acids until the last hour or so.
PRO TIP: Don not reuse leftover marinade. If youd like to baste the chicken in the marinade as it cooks , be sure to reserve some of the marinating liquid BEFORE adding the meat. Any marinade that is leftover from the meat should be discarded.
What To Serve With Grilled Chicken
We eat Grilled Chicken a lot especially during the summer months. When we grill out, I like to make easy sides to get dinner on the table with ease. Here are some of my favorite sides:
- Baked Potatoes We love using our instant pot. It has been a game changer for my family. This instant pot baked potatoes recipe is ready in about 15 minutes.
- Mashed Potatoes My kids could eat mashed potatoes every day. So I try to make them at least once a week with this easy recipe.
- Green Beans Adding a side of green beans is easy option. It is simple but delicious.
- Rice and Grilled Chicken Rice is also tasty. We actually keep this in the freezer so it is so easy on busy nights. Learn how to freeze rice and you can make this meal even easier. I love to grab the rice from the freezer and we all can enjoy a really easy meal.
- Steamed Broccoli Add a simple side salad or steam broccoli in the microwave for another easy side idea.
- Asparagus This meal is also good with asparagus. This oven roasted asparagus is a family favorite and it is very simple and quick to make.
Read Also: Recipe For Grilled Rack Of Lamb
Best Grilled Chicken Marinade
The best Grilled Chicken Marinade for tender, juicy, incredibly flavorful chicken with gorgeous color. Elevate your next summer BBQ with this easy chicken marinade recipe.
This is hands down, no contest, my favorite grilled chicken marinade recipe. In addition to amazing flavor, it imparts a beautiful, rich golden hue to the chicken as it grills. Its one of my oldest go-to summer grilling recipes and it has stood the test of time.
It takes just minutes to whip up this flavorful chicken marinade and the result is absolutely heavenly. When Im low on inspiration, its an effortless choice for a delicious summer meal. Plus, leftovers of this grilled chicken cold from the fridge are SO good!
The Best Grilled Chicken Marinade Recipe:
The Best Grilled Chicken Marinade Recipe is very easy to make. The marinade starts with easy pantry spices, olive oil and fresh squeezed lemon. Marinating your chicken is so important to create the most juiciest and flavorful chicken.
Grilling chicken is one of my favorite meats to grill. It is budget friendly and everyone loves it. We use many types if marinades which includes seasonings, Italian Dressing and BBQ sauces.
This marinade is one of my familys favorite. I love it because the seasonings are staple ingredients in our pantry. So I can easily use this marinade and grill chicken any night of the week.
Read Also: Weber Grill Igniter Not Clicking
What If Im Short On Time
If you can only marinate the chicken for 30 minutes, then marinate at room temperature to expedite the marinating process, however, dont marinate longer than 30 minutes at room temperature otherwise dangerous bacteria can grow and lead to foodborne illnesses. Brushing the reserved marinade on the cooked chicken will also help amplify the flavor if youre short on time.
Make Ahead And Freezing Instructions:
To make ahead: Marinate chicken 3-6 hours ahead of time depending on the type of chicken you choose. Place marinating chicken in the refrigerator and remove 20 minutes prior to cooking to allow it to come to room temperature.
To freeze: Place all marinade ingredients in a ziplock bag and shake the bag to ensure they are well mixed. Next add the raw chicken to the bag and place the bag laying flat in the freezer . Allow to thaw overnight in the fridge before using.
Read Also: City Grill And Wings Harrisburg
How To Store And Reheat Leftovers
- Storage: store cooked grilled chicken in airtight containers in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- Microwave: chop up or slice the chicken so it reheats more evenly then transfer a small portion to a microwave safe dish. Heat for one minute then at 30 second intervals as needed.
- Oven: transfer chicken to an oven-proof dish. Cover with foil and reheat at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes or just until warmed through.
How To Make Grilled Chicken Marinade:
- Mix together Marinade Ingredients Stir together all the ingredients except for the chicken breasts in a bowl.
- Pour marinade over chicken Place the chicken breasts in a large ziplock bag or a bowl. Pour the marinade over the chicken.
- Allow the chicken to marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Prepare Grill Then preheat the grill to medium heat about 350 degrees. Gently brush the grates of the grill with the oil to prevent the chicken from sticking.
- Grill Chicken on Grill Place the chicken on the grill. Cook for 5-7 minutes per side until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Serve and Enjoy Then remove the chicken from the grill, let the chicken rest for 5 minutes. Slice your chicken and enjoy.
You May Like: Oceans One Bar And Grill
How To Check Temperature Accurately
I highly recommend investing in a meat thermometer otherwise there is no accurate way to check when your chicken is cooked without slicing and loosing valuable juices.
- Chicken breasts: insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken although hopefully you dont have one because your chicken has been pounded to an even thickness ).
- Chicken thighs: insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken without hitting any bones. Bones are a heat conductor and will register higher than the actual meat.
How To Prevent Chicken From Sticking To A Grill
There are three key tips for preventing your chicken thighs from sticking to your grill: 1. Clean the grill before cooking. You should clean your grill grates before and after grilling with a wire grill brush to remove any residue. This will ensure the chicken comes in directly contact with the greased grill and will also create beautiful grill marks.2. Grease the grill. Generously grease the CLEANED grill with a wad of oiled paper towels using tongs just before adding the chicken. NEVER use spray oils once the grill is on. As always, use a high smoking oil like vegetable oil or canola oil and never olive oil. 3. Add chicken to a hot grill. Heat up the grill with the lid closed so it can achieve temperature more quickly plan on 10-15 minutes. Dont add the chicken until the grill reaches temperature. This will also help it sear nicely and release from the grill.
Can I Use Chicken Breasts Instead
I HIGHLY recommend grilling boneless, skinless chicken thighs for the juiciest chicken. Chicken thighs are dark meat, which means they are inherently juicier, richer tasting, and produce more tender chicken than chicken breasts. They are also harder to overcook, and they stay tender for days with a more palate pleasing texture even when reheated for leftovers! All that said, you may still use chicken breasts for this recipe. You will need to pound the chicken to an even thickness before marinating OR if your chicken breasts are larger, slice them through the equator to create thin filets. Thin chicken breasts will ensure your chicken is cooked through before it becomes overly charred on the outside due to the honey. Also note, you dont want to overcook chicken breasts or they wont be as juicy. Chicken breasts should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, 10 degrees less than the ideal 175 degrees F for grilled chicken thighs.
What To Serve With Boneless Grilled Chicken Thighs
This is a versatile grilled chicken thigh recipe that pairs well with rice and veggies or your favorite summer sides. Here are a few options to make a complete feast:Rice: I love serving the sweet and tangy chicken with steamed white rice, Coconut Rice, or Pineapple Rice, but any rice will work. Just pop the rice in your rice cooker for a hands-off easy side or even microwave the pouches if youre making a serving for one or meal prep. Noodles: Rice vermicelli, ramen, soba noodles, rice noodles or even linguine are a fun way to mix things up! Low carb: Cauliflower rice, quinoa, broccoli rice or a blend of brown rice and any of the aforementioned options. You can also use low carb noodles such as zoodles or spaghetti squash
How Long Do You Cook Chicken On The Grill
The answer to this question actually depends on the type of chicken, and the thickness. One thing to remember with any type of chicken is just like a good steak, you want to set the chicken on the grill, then leave it to cook and get those beautiful grill marks. Chicken breasts should register 165 degrees F on a meat thermometer, and chicken thighs and drumsticks should be at 180 degrees.
PRO TIP: If your grill has a thermometer gauge, use it. You want your grill to be between 350-400 degrees F when closed . Dont just rely on the knobs for low-medium-high temps. My grill run pretty hot, so those settings are pretty much useless.
Looking for a great grilling utensils set? Try this grilling set that includes tongs, a spatula and a basting brush! .
Gather Your Ingredients For This Marinated Grilled Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
For this recipe for marinated grilled chicken sandwiches, you’ll need to start with three pounds of boneless skinless chicken thighs . For the marinade, you’ll need 1 cup of canola or other vegetable oil , 2 cups of apple cider vinegar, 3 tablespoons of kosher salt, 1 tablespoon of poultry seasoning, 1 teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper and an egg, which Rapone says “makes the meat more tender and helps the marinade actually get in the meat.” Whether or not she’s scientifically correct, don’t be surprised if you start adding eggs to more of your marinades!
Oh, and if you don’t have a poultry seasoning mix on hand, don’t let that stop you because Rapone has told us that you’ll do fine with a sprinkle each of rosemary, sage, thyme, nutmeg, black pepper, and marjoram, all of which you’re more likely to have in your spice cabinet.
To assemble the sandwiches, you’ll need six buns, six slices of provolone cheese, half of a 12-ounce jar of pickled banana peppers, a head of butter lettuce, a large tomato, and about 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
How To Make Chicken Marinade
This easy marinade comes together in just minutes!
How Does This Grilled Chicken Marinade Work
This grilled chicken marinade tenderizes and flavors the chicken so all you have to do is marinate and cook! In order for a marinade to be effective, it must contain acid, fat, salt, sweetener and flavor enhancers. The combination of these elements ensures that the protein is juicy, succulent and flavorful from the inside out. Heres how it works:
Chicken Marinade The Answer To An Easy Flavorful Dinner
While Im all for dry rubs for a savory top coat , chicken marinades have their own benefits. Theyre great for locking in your favorite flavors, tenderizing the meat, and keeping it ultrajuicy as it cooks. Thats especially important for when youre cooking up chicken breasts because we all know how easily they can dry out!
In addition to chicken breasts, these marinades can be used for chicken thighs , or even chicken drumsticks, depending on what type of meal youre prepping for the week. So if you need some fresh dinner ideas, keep reading for examples on how to pair each chicken flavor with side dishes and other ingredients.
Freeze The Chicken In The Marinade
- For longer storage, add the chicken to the marinade in a freezer-safe plastic storage bag and transfer it to the freezer. The marinating process is halted once frozen and the chicken can be thawed and grilled whenever youre ready for it! Freeze it for up to 3 months and thaw the frozen chicken safely in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours before grilling.
Grill The Chicken And Vegetables:
- Preheat a grill to high heat .
- Trim the tough stems off the broccolini and place in a large bowl. Place the cherry tomatoes in a separate bowl.
- Spritz the vegetables with olive oil spray, tossing to coat.
- Line a baking sheet or large plate with paper towels. Remove the chicken from the marinade and pat dry with the paper towels.
- Place the chicken on the grill and cook for about 5 to 6 minutes until dark sear marks appear and the chicken releases easily from the grill grates.
- Flip and continue to cook until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast registers 165 degrees F. This can take between 10 to 15 minutes total cooking time, depending on the thickness of your chicken.
- Let the chicken rest for 2 to 3 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, place the broccolini on the grill or in a grill basket and grill for 6 to 8 minutes until the florets and stems are charred, flipping every few minutes to grill evenly.
- Place the tomatoes in a grill basket and grill for 4 to 6 minutes, just until the skins are starting to pucker and brown in spots.
- Divide the chicken, broccolini, and tomatoes between 4 plates and sprinkle with flaky sea salt and pepper, if desired.
What Else Can I Use
- This marinade is incredibly versatile, as I noted earlier, so I encourage you to experiment using it on all sorts of proteins and vegetables.
- Coconut aminos are called for, but soy sauce is easily substituted and one I often use as well.
- No oranges? No problem. Use some lemon or lime juice and a teaspoon of maple syrup or honey instead.
- Red wine, white wine, or balsamic vinegar can be used in place of the apple cider vinegar.
Lime Marinade For Chicken
The trick with fresh citrus based marinades is getting depth of flavour into it. If you just use lime juice, salt and garlic, the flavour is quite flat and the chicken especially if using chicken breast will lack something .
So I add a bit of sugar and olive oil , use soy or fish sauce for the salt and throw in chopped cilantro / coriander for another layer of flavour!
Actually, this marinade is based on Vietnamese marinades, like the one I use in my Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Bowl and Vietnamese LemongrassPork Cutlet. The Vietnamese know their marinades, thats for sure!!
But this one doesnt taste Asian.
How Long To Marinate Chicken
- Typically, I find that marinating chicken between 5 to 6 hours is ideal for both texture and taste.
- I dont recommend keeping chicken in a marinade with citrus juice or vinegar for more than 6 hours, as its texture declines from there. After 12 hours, the meat may even start to break down.
- Chicken can rest in a buttermilk/yogurt marinade for up to 24 hours. So, this is the best choice for those who want an overnight chicken marinade.
How Long To Marinate Chicken:
- At least 1 hour
- No longer than 2 days
If Im using a ziptop bag, I place it on a half sheet pan in the refrigerator for at least an hour, but hopefully overnight so the chicken has plenty of time to soak up all that goodness.
Every few hours, Ill turn the bag from one side over to the other to keep the chicken coated with the marinade.
How To Make Ahead
- whisk the marinade together in an airtight container up to 5 days ahead of time and store in the refrigerator WITHOUT the chicken.
- Chicken: cooked grilled chicken makes fantastic meal prep or leftovers if not initially overcooked. If you are making the chicken specifically to reheat later then consider slightly under-cooking it because it will cook a little more when reheated.