How Long To Grill Chicken Tenders:
The main reason I love to Grill Chicken Tenders is that it doesnt take long to grill them. You can grill them faster then trying to decide what is for dinner.
When my husband grills, he usually just stay out by the grill and make sure they dont burn. He cooks them for about 4 minutes on each side and then flips them and cooks them for another 4 minutes.
It is important to use a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken is done. If the gage reads an internal temperature of 165 degrees, then your chicken is done.
How To Grill Perfectly Tender Chicken Breasts Every Time
An actual conversation between me and my husband years ago:
Him: Shall we BBQ tonight?Me: Sure, what shall we make?Him: How about chicken breasts?Me: Ew. No. Why?
But that was before I learned how to grill perfectly tender and juicy chicken breasts!This post contains affiliate links from which I may make a commission. Your price remains the same.)
Prepare The Chicken Tenders
A lot of the time your chicken tenders have a tenon that sticks out of the chicken tender.
Its okay to go ahead and cook this tenon but if its too much I like to remove what is hanging off the tender by trimming it with a knife.
If its too hard to grab with a knife you can use a paper towel and this helps sometimes with grabbing it.
Now that youve got the chicken tenderloins trimmed up and ready to go, put them into a bowl so we can season them.
Recommended Reading: How Long Do You Cook Pork Chops On The Grill
Grilled Chicken Tenders Marinade
The secret to these grilled chicken tenders is the marinade. Its an incredibly flavorful combination of mostly pantry ingredients.
Youll need the following ingredients for the chicken marinade:
To make the marinade, simply combine all of the ingredients together in a bowl.
Toss the marinade with the chicken tenders until evenly coated and let sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
Grilled Chicken Tenders Are A Crowd Pleaser
During the summer months, we love to have everyone over and grill out. Chicken tenders are always on the menu as they are easy to cook and everyone loves them. They are the perfect size for the kids to grab and eat as they are busy playing ball.
Grilled Chicken Tenders goes together great with our friends and the pool.
Recommended Reading: Gilbert’s 17th Street Grill
Perfect White Basmati Rice
Prep time: 5 min Cook time: 15 to 20 min Serves: 2 to 4 people
1. Place the rice in a large strainer and rinse well under cold running water until the water runs clear. Set aside to drain.
2. In a medium sauce or soup pot with a lid, melt the butter over high heat until just melted. Add the rice and stir to coat with the butter. Add the water and 1 teaspoon of salt. Bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to a very gentle rolling simmer and place the top on the pot. Leave the pot of rice alone for 15 minutes. Dont be tempted to open the lid.
3. Quickly check the rice at 15 minutes to be sure all the water has been absorbed and the rice is cooked. When the rice has absorbed all of the water, put the lid back on and remove the pot from the heat. Allow the rice to steam for 5 more minutes.
4. Uncover the pot and gently fluff the rice with a fork. Add a bit of butter, if desired. Season the rice with salt and pepper to taste.
Tasty Dinners You Can Make With Frozen Pre
With just one pound of chicken tenders, you can enjoy a unique spin on baked barbeque chicken tenders. The Asian-inspired sauce adds a nice dose of spice to this sweet dish. This easy-to-do, moist chicken is ready in 30 minutes.
View Ingredients. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts with rib meat, water, contains 2% or less of the following: chicken stock, corn starch, garlic powder, modified food starch, natural flavors, natural smoke flavor, onion powder, salt, sodium phosphates, soy sauce powder , spices.
Garlic Scape, Lemon Grilled Chicken Tenders Binkys Culinary Carnival. lemon juice, chicken breast tenders, olive oil, garlic scapes and 2 more.
Grilling the strips is effortless. Heat the grill when you are preparing the tenders by marinating them for 20 minutes. Then lower the heat to medium, and place the chicken directly on the grates. Use the leftover marinade mix to brush the tenders every 30 seconds or so. Turn them occasionally in 3-5 minutes until cooked.
Instructions. Combine gravy mix and condensed soups in a bowl. Mix until evenly incorporated and set aside. Place your chicken strips at the bottom of your crockpot then pour the condensed soup mixture on top. Mix. Cover and cook over low heat for roughly 3 hours, or until chicken is fully cooked.
Don’t Miss: Flat Top For Weber Grill
How To Grill Bbq Chicken Tenders:
- Prepare your Gas Grill Preheat or your grill over medium high heat to approximately 350 degrees F. Spray the grill grates with a non-stick cooking spray or rub with oil to prevent the chicken from sticking to the grates.
- Place the chicken and ½ cup of BBQ sauce in a large mixing bowl. Stir to thoroughly coat the chicken with the barbecue sauce. Allow the chicken to marinade for at least 20 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Grill your Chicken Gently place the chicken tenders on the grill. Grill for 4-6 minutes, flip the chicken and then grill for 4-6 more minutes per side until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Baste the chicken with the remaining BBQ sauce while its grilling. Cook time could vary.
- Serve and Enjoy Move the chicken to a baking sheet, let it set for at least 5 minutes. Then serve warm and enjoy! I like to sprinkle with salt and pepper before serving.
How To Make Spicy Honey Grilled Chicken Tenders:
- Pat chicken tenders dry with paper towels.
- Pour honey over chicken tenders and stir to coat.
- Mix spices together and sprinkle over chicken and stir until well combined.
- Heat grill to 350 degrees and sear chicken on both sides.
- Move chicken away from heat and cook for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from grill and allow to sit for 5 minutes before serving.
We seared the chicken on the hot grill grates and then moved them to indirect heat and piled them together. This let the chicken cook through without cooking too fast and becoming dry.
There’s nothing worse than over cooked dry chicken, we always use a meat thermometer to tell when the chicken is cooked through.
We use hickory grilling wood to add in that perfect smoky flavor and to provide indirect heat when we are grilling.
This recipe is great for family cookouts and also makes great leftovers to enjoy for lunch. Grilled chicken tenders make the most amazing sandwiches or wraps.
When the weather gets so hot, it’s hard to think of anything that sounds good and I sometimes have a hard time deciding what to cook.
We are smack dab in the middle of hay baling season and it’s really nice to have some things on hand that I can feed the guys on demand. There’s just never a set schedule for lunch or supper.
Grilled chicken is one of those dishes that you can make ahead and it’s just as good later as it is right off of the grill.
I’d love to hear about your go- to summer meals, drop me a comment!
Don’t Miss: Grilled Chicken Burrito Taco Bell
How To Grill Chicken Tenders:
- Preheat the grill Preheat your outdoor grill over medium high heat to approximately 350 degrees F.
- Prevent Chicken from Sticking Spray the grill grates with a non-stick cooking spray or rub with oil to prevent the chicken from sticking to the grates.
- Combine Ingredients Place all the ingredients except for the chicken in a large mixing bowl. Stir to thoroughly combined the marinade ingredients.
- Add Chicken Then add in the chicken and make sure its coated with the marinade.
- Allow the chicken to marinade for at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Grill Chicken Gently place the chicken tenders on the grill. Cook for 3-4 minutes, flip the chicken and then grill for 3-4 more minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Cook time could vary.
- Let Chicken Rest Move the chicken to a plate, let it set and let juices run together for at least 5 minutes. Then serve warm and enjoy!
Spicy Honey Grilled Chicken Tenders
Spicy Honey Grilled Chicken Tenders are an easy dinner that is full of flavor. A summer grilling favorite that the whole family will enjoy.
You can’t go wrong with grilled chicken. We have been enjoying Simple Grilled Chicken Salads and Grilled Chicken Kebabs on a regular basis and this easy honey grilled chicken recipe is a great one to add to the menu this week.
Don’t Miss: Flat Iron Steaks On Grill
A Tip For Making Juicy Chicken
While you dont need to, brining the chicken beforehand will help you keep it juicy and moist. Brine meat between 1-2 hours.
A simple brine recipe => Mix together 4 cups water, 3 Tbs salt, 2 Tbsp sugar, half a lemon sliced, 2 bay leaves, 2-3 sprigs of rosemary, 2 smashed garlic cloves, and a Tbsp of peppercorns.
Combine over medium heat in a pot until both the sugar and salt dissolve, switch off the heat and let cool completely before brining.
Ready to make this grilled chicken strips recipe? Gather your ingredients and I will show you
Grilled Bbq Chicken Tenders Recipe:
We are big fans of chicken tenders. They are the perfect size to fry or to bake. Grilling chicken tenders have become one of my favorite meat to grill. Chicken tenders are a family favorite and a very affordable cut of meat.
Adding BBQ sauce to the chicken tenders adds so much flavor. If you prefer you can marinate the chicken overnight in a Ziplock bag in the refrigerator. But we usually just brush on the BBQ sauce as we are grilling them.
Chicken tenders are the perfect meat to double the recipe so you can have leftovers. We love them for lunch or a weeknight meal. They dont take long to cook and are a crowd pleaser.
Read Also: How To Cook Wings On The Grill
How To Store Leftovers:
These Grilled Chicken Tenders are the best leftover. When I know I am making these, I will double the amount of chicken tenders so I can have leftovers.
Just refrigerate the leftovers in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
I may make a side of rice, and cook some vegetables and put in individual containers for my husband and I. It turns into a great lunch idea and I know we are getting a well balanced lunch.
A Healthy Dinner Choice
Cooking any protein on a George Foreman Grill is a healthier way to go for dinner, as most of us know. The fat drips away and the proteins are cooked quickly without the need for excessive oils, trans fats, or heavy breading. I love making fast and healthy meals for a family, especially kids, on the GF grill. I dont think kids miss deep fried chicken fingers when they eat the recipe described above. I do think a good dipping sauce helps. You can try a homemade ranch dressing, a tahini dip, or even a simple tomato based barbeque sauce.
Skinless, boneless chicken tenders are pretty much the perfect, lean protein for a weeknight meal. Here are the impressive stats for a 3-1/2 ounce serving of cooked, skinless, boneless chicken breast:
- Total fat: 3.6 grams, only 1 gram is saturated fat
- Carbohydrates: 0 grams
Read Also: Kitchenaid Stone Island 7 Burner Grill
Heres What Youll Need To Make It
- Chicken tenders if you dont have tenders, you can easily use this marinade with chicken breasts or chicken thighs, youll just have to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- Lemon juice dont have lemon juice? Try limes or you can even substitute a vinegar such as white wine or rice vinegar .
- Sesame seeds if you dont have these, feel free to leave them out, but they do add a ton of unexpected flavor to the recipe and I really encourage you to use them.
More Ways To Cook Chicken Tenders
This recipe is geared for the grill, but its certainly not the only way to prepare them.
- Use a Grill Pan on the Stove. Use a grill pan like this one, and heat it over medium-high heat on the stovetop. Brush the pan with oil, then grill the chicken tenders as directed.
- George Foreman. If you have one of these handy appliances, its an easy option. Preheat the grill for about 5 minutes . Grill the tenders in a single layer for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Use a Skillet. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet on the stovetop over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, place the chicken tenders in the skillet. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Use the Oven. For baked chicken tenders, cook them on a baking sheet in the oven at 400 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Read Also: California Fish Grill Culver City
How To Make Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders:
- Get your Grill Ready Preheat your grill over medium high heat to approximately 350 degrees F.
- Prepare the Grill Grates Spray the grill grates with a non-stick cooking spray or rub with oil to prevent the chicken from sticking to the grates.
- Wrap the Chicken Wrap each chicken tender with a slice of bacon.
- Brush on BBQ Sauce I get a small bowl and put the BBQ sauce in it. Then I use a silicone basting brush to add the barbecue sauce onto the chicken tenders with the bacon.
- Add Brown Sugar to Chicken Then sprinkle with the brown sugar and rub the sugar into the barbecue sauce with the basting brush.
- Grill Chicken Gently place the chicken tenders on the grill. Grill for 5-7 minutes, flip the chicken and then grill for 5-7 more minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Serve and Enjoy Move the chicken to plate lined with paper towels, let it set for at least 5 minutes. Then serve warm and enjoy! Add a side dish and your meal is complete.
Variations For Easy Grilled Chicken Tenders:
- Try Chicken breasts in this recipe. You can use chicken breasts instead of chicken tenderloins. It will take longer to cook so just make sure to check the internal temperature.
- BBQ Sauce. Try other flavors on the chicken. My kids love when I use barbecue sauce. Just brush it on both sides of the chicken and grill.
Also Check: How Long Grill Chicken Kabobs
Serving Ideas For Grilled Chicken Tenders
Cracker Barrel Grilled Chicken Tenders
Looking for a fool-proof way to add nutrition to your familys diet? These Cracker Barrel chicken tenders are all you need.
Even the pickiest eaters cant say not to Cracker Barrel chicken tenders.
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
Each bite gives you tender and juicy chicken coated in a sweet and savory glaze. How amazing is that?!
And theyre good for you, too. Theres absolutely no guilt involved when enjoying this dish.
Who says you have to pay a visit to Cracker Barrel just to enjoy this finger-licking goodness?
This copycat recipe will give you the exact same chicken tenders you know and love, minus the long drive.
Delicious, nutritious, easy to make, and affordable. You dont often get that combination, so this recipe is definitely a keeper. Lets get cooking, shall we?
Also Check: Corn On Cob On Grill In Foil
How Long Does It Take To Grill Chicken
Depending on how hot your grill is, it can take up to 10 minutes to grill these chicken tenders. Personally, I like to do about 3 minutes on each side of the chicken, so it takes me between 6 and 7 minutes. That number can vary though, and if you slice into a tender and decide its still too pink, trust your judgement and cook it longer.
Grilled Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders:
Grilled Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders is bursting with flavor. Wrapping the chicken in bacon holds in the flavor and juices. The combination of the BBQ sauce and brown sugar really makes this chicken recipe so amazing.
You can even marinate this chicken tender recipe in the BBQ sauce overnight and then put it on the grill the next day. We love that you can grill it or bake it and it still turns out the best tasting chicken.
This is the perfect meal for a weeknight dinner, a tasty lunch or great for the big game with friends. We usually grill more in the summer, but I have been known to grill in the winter. This is a delicious recipe all year long.
Recommended Reading: Pork Tenderloin Recipes On The Grill